- MemSQL is compatible with MySQL client. You can connect to MemSQL from any DB GUI or programming language which already can connect to MySQL.
- MemSQL does NOT have stored procedures, foreign keys, integrity constrains
- MemSQL HAS window functions and aggregation functions
- MemSQL HAS JSON functions
- replication – check using “show databases extended;”
- replicate database dbname from user@host:port;
- pause replicating databasename;
- continue replicating databasename;
- stop replicating databasename;
- repair database dbname;
- internal commands:
- BACKUP [ DATABASE ] dbname TO “backup_path”;
- RESTORE [ DATABASE ] dbname FROM “backup_path”;
- we can use “mysqldump” for exporting data from MemSQL.
- memsql tools:
- memsql-ops database-backup
- memsql-ops database-restore
- LOAD DATA INFILE ….
- interface to pub/sub systems like Kafka
- integrated MemSQL + Spark sollution