- The easiest way to use redis commands is in “redis-cli” command tool on Linux.
- This command tool is installed automatically with redis server. Just type “redis-cli” in terminal to run it.
- basic options:
- -h <hostname>
- -p <port>
- -a password – or use AUTH command after redis-cli start
- -n <db number>
- All commands are in documentation usually in uppercase but you can use also lowercase form. Both works.
- exit command tool: exit
- client sessions info: CLIENT LIST, CLIENT SETNAME, CLIENT GETNAME, CLIENT KILL, CLIENT PAUSE
- data manipulation commands:
- data persistence commands: BGSAVE, LASTSAVE